A lesson from Grandmaster

Hi guys, I hope you are studying chess alone or with your mentors so well. As you know I am learning from our co-admin Grandmaster Avetik GM Grigoryan's community called Chessmood. So today I also joined the event (Interactive Lesson) and it was only for Pro Members not for Basic Members. The topic of lesson is shared in the bottom. I was so excited when I joined the lesson because I knew I will learn something useful from there.

Topic: Have you ever faced an opponent, who tried to change all the pieces and make a draw? It's very annoying, but how to fight against such players? During the lesson, I will show you a few games and based on them will explain to you how to fight against such "DRAWER" players. How to exploit and them and slowly-slowly, improve the position. Step-by-step. During the session, coach showed us a beautiful game which was played by Nigel short. I became super excited when I heard the story about this game from him. White in this game wanted only draw and on the other hand black was in must win situation. So before the game white's mindset was to make a draw But with this mindset white started making mistakes and traded wrong pieces and then in the end black won. Game's Link: Open the above link and then read the post. In bottom I am sharing some critical moments of this game : 1) On move 7th white's move was Ne5. Looks normal ha? But no, issue is white is trading his good bishop for the black's bad one. White's pawn on d4 makes his dark square bishop a bad one and one the other hand black's pawn on d5 makes his light square bishop very bad. At least by this trade black achieved something. 2) On move 12, black played Be5,because white's plan was to make the move Nd3 and then trade his bad bishop. Keep in mind that white wanted draw so it's also important for black to keep pieces on the board. I thought of some funny moves such as Nc8- Nd3 or Na6-c6-Nc7. But with the text move black activated all his pieces without any issue. On move 16, Qb6! trading queens, at first it looks bad because black wanted to win but in reality this trade is good for black because he captures towards the center. 3) According to mentor on move 18th a4 was must to stop b5 ideas but white missed it. 4) On move 23, black can play Kf7 or Rae8, both are fine moves but important point is that after Kf7 white can control the e file but in reality he can't use that file because there were no entry squares. 5) On move 26th black played a very deep move. I am glad I found it because it improves the position of my pawns. h5!! idea is very deep to fix the pawn formation in the kingside with h4 and if white play h4 himself then it make his position very bad and h4 will become a target after Ne7-Nf5. 6) On move 30, b6 with the idea of playing c5 and gaining space in queenside and white have seriously no good plans here. It's black who is fighting for initiative. 7) Move 32 was also classic and I am happy that I saw this move too . the point is to target the b2 pawn with Ra2 and use the open a file and knight can later come to b5 square after the text moves. 8) End was instructive when white thought to grab kingside pawns and had nothing to stop black's queenside pawns. It was an amazing session. It was only for Pro Members but after I requested him then he allowed me to share his ideas about the game and topic in our community so it will help others too. If you are not in Chessmood still then I suggest you to check out community and learn from the amazing mentors. I can't describe how much I learnt there. For more information just text me and I will tell you why learn and join there. You can't believe how much I struggled to find right people and after I found the right one for myself then I think it's my responsibility to help others too. You all are great so rest decision is yours. If you wanna struggle first then it's up to you. But if you need shortcut and right community to learn chess then I suggest ours for below 1600 players and for above 1500 players then join Chessmood. NOTE: I may be forgot a lot stuffs about practical advice by mentor due to my bad memory but I remember one thing. Never play for draw. Always try to win every single game and never accept draw agreements without any big reason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Basic Opening Principle- Central Control

Chess Study Plan for Beginners

Basic Chess Opening Principle- Rapid Development of Pieces